BENEFITS FOR PILOTS
- Harmonized Energy Performance assessment, based on the EU Common Voluntary Certification System (EVCS) for the energy performance of non-residential buildings. Benefit from a reliable tool, allowing the comparability of buildings in the EU.
- Test the implementation of a progressive renovation roadmap towards the NZEB (Near Zero Energy Building), in accordance with EU directives (EED, EPBD).
- To test the link between low-energy renovation and the quality of indoor environments.
- Test the difference between calculated and actual energy performance by linking the energy certificate (based on calculations) with the actual energy measured.
- Test the link between financial mechanisms and building energy performance, to support the use of existing financial instruments.
- Building Energy Performance Passport: A data collection tool for the building owner, with consistent data storage at one location, including maintenance history and future maintenance steps over the life of the building construction.
- Facilitate future actions, such as: renovation strategies, gradual renovation to the NZEB, due diligence reports, building evaluation).
- Support for end-users (owners or tenants) by providing information on the energy quality of the building, on a reliable and standardized basis.
- Valorisation of the pilot operations: on the ALDREN website, on the websites of all the project partners, at conferences or symposiums.
- Issuing a pilot passport, summarizing their performance based on the methodologies and tools developed during the project.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PILOTS
Country: France, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Spain
Type: Only offices and hotels, deep renovations
Size: > 10000 m² if possible and at least 2500 m², but small buildings are not excluded provided that they have interesting technical characteristics (energy, IAQ measurement, etc.)
Phase: We must have different situations:
- Before renovation: in the decision phase, in design, or in works
- After renovation (in use)
Energy performance after renovation: (mandatory)
- At least 60% energy savings between before and after renovation (buildings consuming much more than 125 kWh / m².year before renovation)
- Or class B of the EVCS after renovation: <75 kWh / m².year if technically, functionally and economically feasible
- Or close to class A after renovation = nZEB (<50 kWh / m².year)
- Production of renewable energy (optional) already installed or planned
Health and comfort: (optional)
- Buildings applying a European certification scheme (HQE, IVE, DGNB, BREEAM, …) with information on the relevant indicators
- Or able to provide measurement or calculation results on these themes
Economic and financial information: (optional)
- Buildings with global costs calculated
- Or able to provide economic and financial data
© ALDREN. All rights reserved. Any duplication or use of objects such as diagrams in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the author’s agreement.